Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Using workflow and permissions - Sharepoint 2007

Asked By: Pedro    Date: Jul 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2236

Hello,

I have a calendar where we register all the software releases and the respective team effort (in hours).

The ideia is to create a workflow with 4 steps:
Step 1 - New entry created in the calendar (workflow starts) by an user with approval permissions.
Step 2 - The assigned user edits only the fields that he has permission to do it. How can I do this?
Step 3 - After the assigned user (from Step 2) fills the information, the user from step 1 approves the change.
Step 4 - If the assigned user (in step 4) tries to change the aproved entrie change it must not be possible. How can I do this?

Thanks
Pedro Martins

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vladi Gubler     Answered On: Jul 19

It depends on whether or not you want to be use third party tools. Our company has a free product called Smart List Lite, which can give you column permissions  capability, which is what you need.

If you cannot use third party add-ons, I would do the following:
1. Make the field read-only in the content type of the item
2. Create the same fields in the content type of the task spawned by the WF
3. Create a second WF that runs when the task is updated and copies the field values from the task into the original item.

I believe all of this can be accomplished using SPD alone.

Vladi

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Using workflow and permissions - Sharepoint 2007 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: