Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Workflow looping

Asked By: Tamarine    Date: Aug 03    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 2915

First off I need to create this solution entirely OOTB Sharepoint 2010 workflow.

A document needs to go through several approval processes this is stored in a document library. When the document is added to the document library a workflow is kicked off to start the approval process.

There is a seperate list that has all the approvers that a task will be assigned to. What I need to do is loop through this list and based on some criteria find the relevant person to assign the task to and then go back to the main workflow and carry on with the rest of the steps.

I have looked around and found that you need to do a looping workflow but I am running into problems. I have created a Processed YES/NO field in the approvers list which is how you can loop through the list by setting processed = y for the one that has been checked. My problem is when it gets to the end of the workflow an error occurs and also I need to reset the processed field to No as I need to use this list again in my workflow to find the next person for the next step in the approval process. If you update processed to No then there will just be this infinite loop.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Workflow looping Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: