Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Website Web Parts

Asked By: Keaton    Date: Nov 05    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 717

I am looking to implement a webpart that allows me to display the current weather (and maybe others for sports or news). I found a part for MSNBC that will do that, but apparently only good for SP2001. I am running PS2003.

Anyone know of other opportunities short of custom building something?

Share: 

8 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Victoria Bell     Answered On: Nov 05

These same web  parts are available on SP2003. They should be available in your online gallery.

Answer #2    Answered By: Cassidy Sharpe     Answered On: Nov 05

Goto weather.com, click on the weather  Tools then scroll down to

Answer #3    Answered By: Linda Mason     Answered On: Nov 05

If you've never tried the web  Capture Web Part, you might give it a try. If I recall, it comes with the Office 2003 Web Components. I set up a capture to pull in stocks. It's different from the page viewer web part  in that you can select a portion of the page rather than the entire thing.

Answer #4    Answered By: Hans Weiss     Answered On: Nov 05

I thought that it should be there. I actually have 0 Online Gallery items. Any thoughts on what is wrong that I can fix?

Answer #5    Answered By: Alison West     Answered On: Nov 05

Do you have a proxy server on your network? If so, you will need to configure SharePoint to recognize that server.

Answer #6    Answered By: Freddy Heath     Answered On: Nov 05

Yes, you are correct. I am running  ISA 2004. I will look in the SP site config and see if I can find the setting.

Answer #7    Answered By: Joanna Dixon     Answered On: Nov 05

There is a weather web  part from the online gallery for SPS03.

Answer #8    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Nov 05

I figured out my problem. I am behind an ISA 2004 server and a little tweak (not well documented or at least obscure – ya think!) needed to occur to allow the ‘on-line’ web  parts to be accessible. Took a bit to figure out and here is the answer for anyone else stricken with the same problem:

Just after the </system.web> (almost at the end of the file) entry in the wwwroot (or whatever the primary virtual directory is) web.config file place the following:

<system.net>

<defaultProxy>

<proxy proxyaddress=”http://<ProxyServerNameorIPAddressHere>:<PortAddressToUseGoesHere>” bypassonlocal = “true”/>

</defaultProxy>

</system.net>

Example:

<system.net>

<defaultProxy>

<proxy proxyaddress=”http://10.1.0.9:8080” bypassonlocal = “true”/>

</defaultProxy>

</system.net>

Some folks had suggested a rule allowing traffic via port 80, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the firewall so this ends up much better and it works.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Website Web Parts Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: