Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

webpart inside webpart

Asked By: Kaci    Date: Sep 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 6506

can someone tell me how to build a webpart inside another webpart

Share: 

9 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Britni Shepard     Answered On: Sep 07

What is the requirment and why are you wanting to create a web-part inside  a web-part. Web-part is a single component that can host multiple user controls and you can achieve what you want.

But there is nothing like creating a web-part within a web-part.

Answer #2    Answered By: Girja Garg     Answered On: Sep 07

Are you asking about web parts inside  a subsite?

Answer #3    Answered By: Jarod Mathews     Answered On: Sep 07

i am very very new to sharepoint just been a month ,there is no requirement right now i was just wondering whether we can thats why i asked.

Answer #4    Answered By: Amanda Lewis     Answered On: Sep 07

No you can't create a web-part within another webpart  and this is true for any ASP.net application.

Although you can inherit or extend the non-sealed web parts.

Answer #5    Answered By: Cassie Snyder     Answered On: Sep 07

It would be great if you brief what is sealed webpart.
And how to inherit or extend the sealed webpart.

Any links/pointers to the related information would be great.

Answer #6    Answered By: Parijat Pathak     Answered On: Sep 07

"Sealed" is a C/C++/C# thing for classes that cannot be inherited or extended.
Web parts are also just like another class and hence any class that is SEALED you can't inherit or extend it.

Answer #7    Answered By: Ella Sargent     Answered On: Sep 07

Web-part is a single component that can host multiple user controls and you can achieve what you want. ...

Actually i am a newbie to Sharepoint... so, can you elaborate the above definition... as i understood only a lill of it. can you please, tell us wat a web part is ... in detail?

Answer #8    Answered By: Ahmad Johns     Answered On: Sep 07

A web part is an ASP.NET server control which is added to a Web Part Zone on Web Part Pages by users at run time. Web Parts are an integrated set of controls for creating Web sites that enable end users to modify the content, appearance, and behavior of Web pages directly from a browser. The Web Parts control set is a group of components that work together to enable developers to create Web pages where users can modify the user interface (UI) directly from a browser. The UI controls all derive from the Part class, and they compose the primary UI on a Web Parts page.

Web Parts can be used as add-on ASP.NET technology to Windows SharePoint Services.

More information here: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e0s9t4ck.aspx

Answer #9    Answered By: Roxanna Hendricks     Answered On: Sep 07

What is the difference between a website and a portal? Are they not the one and the same?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on webpart inside webpart Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: