Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Webpart based Integration with LOB

Asked By: Staci    Date: Mar 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 706

I have got the following requirements..

1. I need to develop a web part that has `pretty much same` look and feel with a SharePoint document library webpart. To explain a bit more, if I create a SharePoint Document LIbrary, I can display the data using the web part that found into the web part catalog in the same name as the document library. I need to create a web part which is almost same but displays data from an existing LOB application.

2. This web part should display data with folders and documents, and Folders can be clickable, like ordinary SharePoint document library, and if clicked it will display the sub folders and documents belogs to that folder only.

3. The web part should allow me to column reordering, sorting and all the defaults options that a regular SP document library web part allows me to do.

Now, I need some guidance from your guys..which path I sould follow..

1. Do I need to create a BDC instance and is it best to use BDC web parts for this purpose? I have seen BDC webparts do not allow me to browse hierarchycal data i.e. Folder, documents..also it probably does not allow column sorting, reordering etc...?

2. Do I need to write a web part from the scratch to meet my objectives..?
3. Is there any thrid party webparts that I can take and do some minor customizations to accomplish my goals..?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Chanel Gaines     Answered On: Mar 26

I guess CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Specification) is probably the best option for you.
read this as well as the implementation by msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd440954.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Webpart based Integration with LOB Or get search suggestion and latest updates.