Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Web Part view Simple question

Asked By: Katie    Date: Nov 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 946

I want to show only active Announcements as a web part on a team site. So I create a new view "Active Announcements" and set the Filter to Expires is greater than or equal to [Today].

Now on the home page I select Active Announcements view to show only active announcements. But I want to show active announcements as <Summary view>.

If I select Active Announcements view and then select <Summary view>, is this showing Summary view of active announcements?

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Katy Patton     Answered On: Nov 10

No, you can only set  one view  at a time. But I think you are adding an unnecessary step. You don’t need to set up a custom view for “Active Announcements”. Just set the view to not show  expired items just as how you did in your custom view. Then you can use Summary View and have the expired ones drop off appropriately.

Answer #2    Answered By: Ana Payne     Answered On: Nov 10

How do I customize Summary View to not show  expired items ?

Answer #3    Answered By: Hema Hegde     Answered On: Nov 10

You mean set  up a filter  not to show  in All Items(OOTB view) and then use Summary view.
I think there is no way to modify Summary view.

Answer #4    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Nov 10

Set it to Summary View, then select  Customize view, and set  up the filter  like you describe below.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Web Part view Simple question Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: