Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Web part, custom tool part, and ASP.NET user control

Asked By: Giovanni    Date: Nov 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 7952

I’m building a web part with the user control technique. My user control contains a few public properties that need to be set by the web part (the user control consumes a web service and the properties include proxy server info [if needed] and web service URL info). I have implemented a custom toolpart that displays a few properties to be filled in, and it saves the properties in non browse-able public properties on the web part.

My problem is when I click APPLY or OK in my toolpart. I get an error at the top of the toolpart stating the following:

“One or more errors have occurred. See below for details.”

But nothing is shown in my web part toolpart that indicates any errors, it just didn’t work. I’ve stepped through all my code (ApplyChanges, RenderToolPart, etc) but I get all the way to the last RenderControl in the RenderToolPart and it throws that error above… but nothing when I try to catch it with a try-catch block.

Any idea what’s going on? I don’t think it has anything to do with my user control as I’ve commented all code that sets the properties.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Lionel Phelps     Answered On: Nov 14

Can you share your code??????????

Answer #2    Answered By: Marlon Colon     Answered On: Nov 14

Attached the web  part code  file and the tool part  code file. I blocked out a few addresses and names to make sure I didn’t breach any security stuff.

Only thing I want to note: ~if~ any references to the method LatestNewsRelease. RefreshPropertyValues are commented  out, that was done during the debugging. It has no effect… still dies when it’s commented out.

BTW: thing I resolved the timeout issue. I added [executionTimeout="6000"] to the httpRuntime tag in the web.config. Forgot you could set  that in the web.config… I had set it in IIS and forgot ASP.NET superceeded it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Web part, custom tool part, and ASP.NET user control Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: