Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

WCM - Publishing mode. (MOSS 2007)

Asked By: Bob    Date: Apr 15    Category: MOSS    Views: 813

First question, Is there a way to display a control or some text in the publish mode but not in the edit mode? Something similar to MCMS2002 where publishingmode is used.

I can use the “Editmodepanel” to show stuff when in edit mode and not in publish mode, but not the other way round. Any idea?

Secondly, actually it related to the first question. I have added in an iframe control that based on the list item entered in the page layout and render it. I am able to publish the page initial, but when I edit and publish it again, it throw, “An unexpected error has occurred. “. Anyway to trace it or know what cause the error?

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Delbert Frederick     Answered On: Apr 15

I’m not sure you get the same functionality OOTB in WCM that you had in MCMS 2002 where you could display content in presentation mode  only.

Regarding the error, open the web.config of the web application where the site collection lives and change the following two lines:

<SafeMode MaxControls=”####” CallStack=”false”…

To

<SafeMode MaxControls=”####” CallStack=”true”…

And

<CustomErrors mode=”On” />

To

<CustomErrors mode=”Off” />

This will turn off the SharePoint error generated pages and cause the YSOD to bleed through the exception and callstack.

Answer #2    Answered By: Willard Valenzuela     Answered On: Apr 15

I typically set the <CustomErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

That way it the web.config ever arrives on the production Web server
only console browsers will see any errors. <CustomErrors mode="Off" />
lets browsers from any client see the error which could potentially be
used by the nefarious to exploit your server.

Answer #3    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Apr 15

I have traced the second issue and found it to be .Net complaining about invalid postback. By default “enableEventValidation” is set to true in asp.net 2.0. Finally know what going on by turning of SharePoint error msg page.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on WCM - Publishing mode. (MOSS 2007) Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: