Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

I want to view a publishing site with outsite action tab that is at the top of the page

Asked By: Judson    Date: Jan 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 931

i started sharepoint office 2007 (web content management) from short time. i created publish portal site collection (first site to learn)
after editing and modify page contents.i want see the site as the end user not editing mode.In other words i want view the site with out site action tap that is in top of page.

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alka Sarabhai     Answered On: Jan 28

Kindly explain a bit more on what you are trying to achieve.

My Understandig:
1) You are having a site  of Publishing Template
2) You want to see the site from an end user perspective or anonymous user

My suggestions:
1) Enable Anonymous access to the site
Check the URL: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263363.aspx
2) If you don't want anonymous access to the site, add the user to the vistors group. Login with that credential and check. If you login with the credential that has any higher access [like contributor / designer/ approver/ ..] you will be seeing the Site Actions

Kindly let me know if you have different Authoring and Publishing environment, i will provide my suggestion accordingly.

Answer #2    Answered By: Eashan Nadkarni     Answered On: Jan 28

In the site  actions menu you can hide the page  editing toolbar. If you want to see the site without site actions you need to create a test user account in AD or a local user account and add it to SharePoint with reader rights only, then from the welcome menu, select sign in as a different user account and enter the test user's details.