Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

W08-Std, Moss 2007 ,SQL 2008 Standard - issue

Asked By: Derek    Date: Aug 22    Category: MOSS    Views: 1051

I am trying to install MOSS 2007 on a Windows 2008 standard box with SQL 2008 standard. The issue is that I am not able to see the reporting services section in the sharepoint admin page. I also installed the reporting services add-in and no luck. we tried it on a tri-server install with reporting services add-in installed on all the servers as well as a standalone server, both has issues.

(1) Please let me know if the reporting services add-in applies only to native mode or integration mode (either or both).

(2) Please let me know if we need to use enterprise editions of sql or windows 2008 for installing moss 2007.

(3) we are migrating from a sharepoint 2 with sql 05 sp3, which has Team foundation server reports linked. During migration, we were never able to configure the Moss 2007 to show reports. All it shows is an error when the report link is clicked. (both native mode and we imported the reporting database from old as well as the integrated mode without importing). need help on the best approach for this. we are planning to install team foundation services as a seperate server without integrating with moss this time. but the reports needs to be part of moss.

any help on any of the above is much appreciated. Most important is the report server link on the admin page is not showing up.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kacy Bright     Answered On: Aug 22

All your answers for activating the reporting services in moss  2007 ENTERPRISE edition

1. Install the 2008 Reporting Services Add-in - www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

2. Follow the MSDN instructions to Activate - msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677366.aspx

This is where I found this:

mosshowto.blogspot.com/.../...ces-2008-report.html

mosshowto.blogspot.com/.../...sharepoint-2007.html

mosshowto.blogspot.com/.../...ort-server-2008.html

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on W08-Std, Moss 2007 ,SQL 2008 Standard - issue Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: