Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Virus Protection Question

Asked By: Elijah    Date: Oct 05    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 725

As a general question to the group: What virus software are people using and any pro's or con's with the software. We recently downloaded and installed McAfee PortalShield and it made the SharePoint site unusable? We couldn't upload or download any documents. I would be interested to hear how other users are protecting their Portal against viruses.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Dwayne Jensen     Answered On: Oct 05

We tried McAfee PortalShield and had the same problem (installing it out-of-the-box broke file uploading). That was enough to scare us off. We are now using Sybari Antigen for Sharepoint. It seems to be a decent piece of software  (and the only other tried-and-true application for sharepoint  Portal Server 2003 antivirus on the market). It installed  easily and I think the user interface is intuitive. All the configuration options I was looking for are there (email notifications, effective logging, ability to set up periodic antivirus definition updates, etc.)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Virus Protection Question Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: