Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Using 'Views' from the parent site

Asked By: Nicole    Date: Jan 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 7272

Is it possible to use the 'Views' created in a document list on the parent site.

I have my site set up that I have all of my documents in one folder, as we hyperlink all of our documents it is easier to have them in one place. This sits a the top level of my sharepoint site. e.g. Home. I have then set up 'views' for each of our document types e.g. Standard, Form, Manual. I want to use these in pages using the Lists and Librarys Web Part to then display the required view.

Under the 'Home' site I then have four sites for English, Spanish, Portugese and Mandarin. At each of these levels I want to have a page for each of the document types, as the views already do the sorting and filtering for me I want the pages to live under the right language but still call the View from the Home site.

Please tell me this is possible some how, and I really hope that I have expalined myself clearly.

Thank you

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: David Lozzi     Answered On: Feb 21

This isn't as easy as one would hope. If you're using SharePoint 2010 Server, then you can use the content query web part to get data from another site.

If you're using SharePoint Foundation 2010, then you might be able to use the RSS feed from the parent list and use SharePoint Designer to add a dataview to consume it. I haven't tried this, but it technically should work.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Using 'Views' from the parent site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.