Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Views for Current User

Asked By: Jakob    Date: Mar 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 4386

Not sure if this is the right location for this topic. Sorry if it isn't.

I would like to have custom views for a form library that I have. What I want to happen is when the user is logged into SharePoint, when they visit the form library they they will see a view that has all of the forms they have submitted so that they can easily see whether or not their forms have been approved or rejected without having to wade through a ton of forms that someone else submitted.

Is it possible for SharePoint to create a custom view based upon the user that is currently logged in? I have no coding experience other than HTML/CSS. If there is a way to do this and it is complicated, just let me know, but if there is a relatively easy way, then would you please post instructions or a link to a blog where this is discussed?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kala Solomon     Answered On: Mar 07

You can do this by adding a filter to the view.

1. Go to list settings page
2. Select the view  you want to edit (or create  a new one with an appropriate name such as 'My Forms')
3. Select the fields you want displayed in the library
4. In the filter section, select the option 'Show items only when the following is true'
5. In the first dropdown, select the 'Created by' or 'Modified by'
6. In the second dropdown, select 'is equal to'
7. In the third dropdown enter [Me]

This should filter the items based  on the currently logged  in user.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Views for Current User Or get search suggestion and latest updates.