Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

View rights on list items

Asked By: Ganesh    Date: Jun 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1175

I have a list, where I need to control, who can view and change which items. Changing is quite easy with an event handler, that I already have. But viewing is more difficult.

It's a custom list, where every employee has his dataset. Only the HR manager and the employees supervisor should be able to view the list item. I have custom fields in every list item to set the specific people.

I could create a view, to filter the list items, that the current user should not be able to see, but how can I prevent the user to create or change the filter settings?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ebony Perkins     Answered On: Jun 24

In the ItemAdded-Event, you can add RoleDefinitions for each item  in the List, with the following code. The grants the person in the field Mitarbeiter as reader and in the field Vorgesetzter and Personalabteilung as Contributor. So they can also write values. The view  is also filtered by these settings.

SPListItem item = properties.ListItem;
SPWeb web = properties.OpenWeb();
SPUser user  = web.EnsureUser((new SPFieldLookupValue(item["Mitarbeiter"].ToString())).LookupValue);
SPUser vorgesetzter = web.EnsureUser((new SPFieldLookupValue(item["Vorgesetzter"].ToString())).LookupValue);
SPUser personalAbteilung = web.EnsureUser((new SPFieldLookupValue(item["Personalabteilung"].ToString())).LookupValue);
SPRoleDefinition RoleDefReader = web.RoleDefinitions.GetByType(SPRoleType.Reader);
SPRoleDefinition RoleDefWriter = web.RoleDefinitions.GetByType(SPRoleType.Contributor);
SPRoleAssignment RoleAssReader = new SPRoleAssignment((SPPrincipal)user);
SPRoleAssignment RoleAssWriter = new SPRoleAssignment((SPPrincipal)vorgesetzter);
SPRoleAssignment RoleAssWriter2 = new SPRoleAssignment((SPPrincipal)personalAbteilung);
RoleAssReader.RoleDefinitionBindings.Add(RoleDefReader);
RoleAssWriter.RoleDefinitionBindings.Add(RoleDefWriter);
RoleAssWriter2.RoleDefinitionBindings.Add(RoleDefWriter);
if (!item.HasUniqueRoleAssignments)
item.BreakRoleInheritance(false);
item.RoleAssignments.Add(RoleAssReader);
item.RoleAssignments.Add(RoleAssWriter);
item.RoleAssignments.Add(RoleAssWriter2);
item.Update();

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on View rights on list items Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: