Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Version as an added column

Asked By: Chelsea    Date: Oct 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 809

From my research it seems that it is not standard behavior to publish versions of a document, but is there any easy way of adding this functionality? I have a user that wishes to show each version of the document in the document library without having to go to the Show Version History option.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Oct 01

The user  could add each version  as a separate doc with differing names, for example:

MyDocVer1.doc

MyDocVer1.2.doc

I know this isn’t what you were looking for, but probably a lot faster than custom code if the user is willing to do this instead.

Answer #2    Answered By: Isidro Berger     Answered On: Oct 01

But by doing that wouldn't you lose out on the purpose of the version  capability? I'm wondering if it might just be possible to add a custom column  to indicate whether multiple versions  are available.

Answer #3    Answered By: Schuyler Le     Answered On: Oct 01

I agree, but if the user  wants to see all the versions  in the library  without going into the version  history screen, I would think that is the fastest way to do it. In this case it seems that the versioning ability needs to be turned off in the library and just allow the user to do a manual version display and control if they don’t want to capitalize on the OOTB feature.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Version as an added column Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: