Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Values appearing in edit mode and gets disappear when apply

Asked By: Abhilasha    Date: Aug 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1020

I have imported Application file successfully on my production site. Since the database is in India n the production site is in US, i have given its IP address instead of writing its Databasename in LOB.When i called that file in Business data list , first time in edit mode all values r appearing. When i Apply it , values r not displaying.Is this error or do i need to make any settings.Please let me know.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vinay Thakur     Answered On: Aug 02

Does this happen regardless which server you connect to (i.e. server in India or US)?

I also have a suggestion that should simplify your configuration and may help isolate this problem: Instead of hardcoding in the IP addess into your application  definition file  (ADF), you might try to create an alias in your hosts file (%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) that points to the current IP address  you want to use. And this alias value would be the value you'd specify for your RdbConnection Data Source property in your ADF. When you want to connect to your India server, you just edit  the alias and substitute in the correct IP address. You would make this hosts file change on each web front end server in your farm. From here, I would reload your ADF and try again.