Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Users getting removed from the site permissions

Asked By: Lauren    Date: Nov 22    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 11628

Experiencing a strange problem. All of a sudden users are getting access denied to the sites which they had access ealier. While checking, the user is not part of the user groups which has got permission. Not sure what is happening here..

Any faced something wiered like this before?

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Lee Dickerson     Answered On: Nov 22

The only time I have seen this happening  is :
1. If the Sharepoint Group or an AD role (if you are using AD Role membership provider) that the user  is added too, is removed  from the permission  list.

2. Someone has added a Web App policy for the set of users  (again either thru the AD Group or Sharepoint Group) to DENY users.

Users will never be automatically removed from the site  (other ocean of possibilities are:

Some HTTPModule removing the users.
Some event handler removing the users.
Some timerjob removing the users.
Some workflow removing the users., etc).

Dont think something will happen automagically to remove the user's permission.

Answer #2    Answered By: Dave Long     Answered On: Apr 29

Hello Lauren,

I am having the same problem. I have created a sharepoint 2010 site which has a new subsite for each new project we do. I make a group of 'project members'for each site and add AD users to it. The site uses claims authentication, so I also have a database of 'external' users. When I add users to a group users 'dissapear' mysteriously from another group in another site. Up until now I have only discovered the following about the problem:

1) The number of users removed is always the same as the number of users I have added in the other group.
2) The is no relation in WHICH users are deleted, but in any case it is not the same user.
3) The damage only seems to occur in recently created sub-sites, a site which has been around for a while seems to be immune to the problem.

Sound familiar ?
Dave Long

Answer #3    Answered By: Sasi Kumar Reddy     Answered On: Aug 29

Best Reference to create/Remove users to/from the groups and checking is group and users exists also.
Note: We have to check before adding/removing users to/from the group and also check the users already exists or not in group.

Sasi Kumar Reddy

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Users getting removed from the site permissions Or get search suggestion and latest updates.