Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Add new user to site permissions - not resolving user names

  Asked By: Griffin    Date: Feb 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3345

We've just installed Sharepoint Services in our
production environment after having tested on a
different server for a few months. Previously, I was
able to add a new user to a site using either their
account name or e-mail address (or from Exchange
address book), and the rest of the information would
automatically populate. This saved us having to enter
in Display names, for example.

However in our new environment, this is not occurring.
Any ideas on what settings I might check?
(Unfortunately I am not the person who did the recent
install, and the recent install is on a different
server cluster than the test environment).



4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Stephon Valentine     Answered On: Feb 02

Sounds like maybe your profile database hasn't been populated for the
new environment, you could check into that.

Answer #2    Answered By: Leif Cardenas     Answered On: Feb 02

How is that done????????????????

Answer #3    Answered By: Jasper Hatfield     Answered On: Feb 02

credit wayne hall for this one:

mindsharpblogs.com/.../497.aspx - great article on tuning your LDAP queries

http://sharepointserver/_layouts/1033/ProfMain.aspx - and the profile database management screen on your portal

Answer #4    Answered By: Rashawn Hopper     Answered On: Feb 02

I'm not sure if that article is
relevant, as we never did import users in bulk in our
test environment. The Profile page looks exactly the
same between the two installs. One difference, is
that the newer install  is hosted on a server, in a
clustered environment, and that cluster  may be
"talking" to a different node in Active
Directory...(this aspect of Sharepoint and servers
isn't really my usual area of expertise, sorry I might
not be explaining this correctly. As mentioned I did
not participate in either insall, just trying to pick
up the pieces!)

In either case, I can still give users permissions, so
I'm not dead in the water, I just have to manually
enter in either their domain user  account name or
their e-mail  address, and their display  name each
time, where before it was all done automatically.