Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

User Self-Registration

Asked By: Marilyn    Date: Dec 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2491

I'm using ECTS and it's been a great solution. In order to reduce administrative overhead it would be nice to modify the FBA login to be a Web Part including self registration. I've seen a couple of solutions that do this and even add CAPTCHA but they are all built around the ASP.NET Membership Provider.

Would this be adaptable to ADAM in a fairly straight forward way?

This would be one example: weblogs.asp.net/.../...-registration-web-part.aspx

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vidisha Pathak     Answered On: Dec 10

I did find a solution  that works albeit a bit ugly. I set my topsite for anonymous access and created a Site List. (Ideally I wanted sites visible to only those who had access, but that's not possible until authentication occurs.)

I also deployed the FBA solution from CodePlex and added a Registration web  part on the default.aspx page and then added the Anonymous Audience solution from CodePlex in order  to make registration  visible to only anonymous users.

The registration web part  doesn't insert the data into ADAM but it does create a psuedo workflow in which an Admin must approve and set up the user's account manually.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on User Self-Registration Or get search suggestion and latest updates.