Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

User Profiles

Asked By: Wendy    Date: Nov 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 773

I have a directory that contains all user photos, the jpgs are named using a portion of the user login id. I would like to link my SharePoint user profiles to the files in this directory. Is there an 'Enterprise' way to do this?

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jolene Sandoval     Answered On: Nov 16

This is one of those things I keep meaning to work on but never get anywhere because it’s hard to justify time on employee photos  when so many other things could be worked on…

But here’s what I’m thinking. I think one could extend the A/D schema such that “PictureURL” becomes a new A/D property, and somehow you make it so that it’s some URL + username, so like “/EmployeePhotos/[username].jpg” (is that possible in A/D?)

Then you map the PictureUrl profile database property to this one and it should be set.

Then all you have to do is plop in a photo that’s name the username into “EmployeePhotos” picture library off the top level site and it’s set. Of course, this only scales to a 1000 or so, so you might be better off just storing the pictures and manually associating them to their photo like we do now.

There is an A/D property called “photo” which I assume is a BLOB but I don’t know how to associate that binary with the Sharepoint db and I doubt there’s a way to do that easily.

Answer #2    Answered By: Brandan Roach     Answered On: Nov 16

I have granted AD users into a site. But their email addresses are not populated
within the site. But when I go into Central Administration to view the profiles,
the email addresses are there. I ran a full udpate on the entire site too. What
do I need to do to get their email addresses into the site under their My
Settings? As of right now, they cannot assign tasks or set alerts for

Answer #3    Answered By: Kai Carney     Answered On: Nov 16

My manager wants me to create an employee directory  list. I know we can pull
profile information from Active Directory and all this information is stored in
each individual's profile but is there a web part that will allow me to display
this information for all users in one single view?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on User Profiles Or get search suggestion and latest updates.