Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

User (Identity) Data in SPS/WSS

Asked By: Brendon    Date: Mar 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 891

I am becoming increasingly concerned at the accuracy of user related data within our Sharepoint environment. In doing some research I can state what I observe

1) Our user profile db is populated every night incrementally, every week fully. We have 26 fields mapped to AD and everything seems to be working fine there, we are more than happy with that.

2) Each site collection has a userinfo dataset which holds user, email and notes and also checkbox for if the User if a Site Administrator.

3) It also seems that each portal has the same

In both 2) and 3) there is no link to 1) whatsoever as we see that most of our users emails do not appear AT ALL, in the userinfo within site collection. We do not understand how the data arrives in these Userinfo tables but we think that this comes from a user either accessing a page or being added to as a user somewhere within the site collection.

Some questions

A) Can anyone throw any light on what is actually happening here or point me to relevant understandable documentation
B) Does anyone else see this (bear in mind we are still not fully complete AD/E2K migration)
C) Why is there no integrity in user data (was it designed by the same group who did the style sheets

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on User (Identity) Data in SPS/WSS Or get search suggestion and latest updates.