Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

User Controls

Asked By: Colin    Date: Jul 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1049

Two problems :
1) How to Add WebUserControl to webpart.

I have exposed the UserControl property of My WebPart & able to give path of my WebUserControl but still nothing seems working. Neither it showing my User Control nor giving any error.?

2) Can i create a webPart which has File Upload Utility the same we have for Document Library of our Sharepoint Site.?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alexis Ellis     Answered On: Jul 28

Have you taken a look at the SmartPart (www.smartpart.info)? It’s a free-source project that allows you to install a Web Part one time and use it as a shim to host User Controls (ASCX). If you’re looking for implementation, you can view the source to see how the author (Jan) did it.

You can’t just simply add  a User Control to a Web Part by assigning the path  to something… you’ll have to dynamically load the ASCX. Again, check out the source for the SmartPart.

Answer #2    Answered By: Percy Beach     Answered On: Jul 28

I would like to explain my 2nd query a bit more.

I have added a additional column to "Upload Document" in Document library  & now i want to integrate that complete thing into my Web Part that means. look & feel going to be just like my SharePoint site  but working  going to be like "Upload Document" as we have for SharePoint Document Library.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on User Controls Or get search suggestion and latest updates.