Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

"...upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint" message configuring Reporting Services integrati

Asked By: Miriam    Date: Sep 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 1447

I'm trying to configure SharePoint/Reporting Services integration for the first time and, after entering all the information in the Central Administration->Reporting Services-Grant Database Access window, I get this message:

The specified SPContentDatabase Name=WSS_Content Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint. Please upgrade this SharePoint application server before attempting to access this object.
We have two servers: the main SharePoint application is installed on one Windows Server 2003 machine, while the config and content databases are on a Windows Server 2008/SQL Server 2005 machine. The application server is a 32-bit box, while the Windows Server 2008 machine and database are 64-bit.

I've installed a new Reporting Services instance named SSRS_SP on the database server to use just for the SharePoint integration. I'm relatively certain it's set up properly (followed the instructions I found on a couple of MSDN pages).

I've checked WSS/MOSS versions on the two servers, too, and everywhere I look says they're both 12.0.0.6421. Not sure what/where else to check.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Suresh Chindarkar     Answered On: Sep 30

Ok, I've gotten past this hurdle. I had a pretty common problem with GroupBoard throwing a wrench in the works. After I uninstalled that and ran the post config wizard again, I was able to complete the steps in Central Administration.

Now, of course, I'm running into some other issues while trying to actually test. For instance, when I try to deploy a report to a document library from BIDS, I get a "Server was unable to process request. ---> The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." error. Trying to track that stuff down now.

Is there a quick and dirty test to validate that the Reporting Services integration  piece is working properly at this point?