MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Unified Authentication Provider

Asked By: Gabriela    Date: Jul 27    Category: MOSS    Views: 867

I have got a requirement from one of my clients to enable a MOSS site to be able to be accessed from Intranet/Extranet/Internet. I know I could achieve this using a Forms Based Authentication and extend the intranet app. However, in addition, if a intranet user goes out of the network, and he ammends some transactions outside the network (using a FBA account), the same should appear when he logs back in from within the network too (intranet zone). So, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a unified authorization provider (web/win/service), so that I could switch the users between FBA/Win auth quite easily.

One of the approaches that I am thinking of is by getting a Principal Name of the logged in user and enable all the users to access the FBA Login.aspx page. However, this would deviate from the requirement a little due to Windows auth accounts having made to "Login" into the site. I would be glad if either one of you could please help me in this regard.

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Shelton Dickson     Answered On: Jul 27

As far as i know we don't have solution for making a user  login switch  between FBA/WIN authentications. Create custom authentication  providers that connect to AD as well as Data base users  and do user validation by forcing the user to login  using FBA login page. I hope the same approach you are also thinking.

Answer #2    Answered By: Gretchen Stokes     Answered On: Jul 27

Yes exactly ... I was also thinking of the same process to achieve this. Anyways, if you get any other way of doing that a little more easily, then, please do let me know.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Unified Authentication Provider Or get search suggestion and latest updates.