Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Need to use unc path to sharepoint document library in windows service and batch file via sched

Asked By: Aiesha    Date: Jan 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2492

I am pushing automated reports to a document library in sharepoint. I need to schedule the report runs to run a scheduled task and not rely on a user being logged in. Currently the task runs, but only if I leave the user used for the task credentials logged in to the server. I also have a service that I need to run to monitor the dates on the auto generated files. The monitoring service also fails to see the unc directory for the sharepoint doc library. What do I need to do to get this to work?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Joanne Greer     Answered On: Jan 28

To get this to work  I would advise that you:

1: Ensure this service  application has contribute access to the relevant site collection
2: Ensure this service application has read access to the source directory
3: The monitoringservice needs to be injected at web application policy level in Central Administration and have Full Read access.

Additionally, have you taken a look at DavCopy? This allows you to copy files  directly into sharepoint  - all you would need is to ensure that you have a service account with admin access to the server  but no ability to log into it.

www.bluedoglimited.com/.../DavCopy.aspx

Tagged: