Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Unable to up sharepoint to internet

Asked By: Chase    Date: Jan 09    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 859

I had created a new web applciation using port 80 without host header, then i create a site collection with publishing portal template for intranet web iste that configured for windows authenication. After that i extanding my web application into internet zone with port 20508 adn configuring annoymous access. Now i would like to go live my sharepoint to public(internet), in my internet, if user type www.xxx.com then it will point to my port 20508 internet zone web application, what should i need to do?? how to do???

Besides, when i right click my site port 20508 virtual directory in IIS, it will prompt me login box... i already set my welcome page to /pages/home.aspx... may i know how to solve this?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Chris Daniel     Answered On: Jan 09

This is a known issue that the lockdown feature prevents anonymous users from viewing form pages in publishing  portal.

To resolve this issue, use the Stadm.exe command-line tool to disable the lockdown feature. To do this, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
Type the following lines at the command prompt. Press ENTER after each line.
cd /d %commonprogramfiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Bin
stsadm -o deactivatefeature -url http://ServerName -filename ViewFormPagesLockDown\feature.xml
Type exit to exit the command prompt.
Note After you run this command-line tool against your site, you must toggle the site  Settings advanced permissions to turn off Anonymous access. Then, turn on Anonymous access again. You must do this for the command to take effect on content that exists in the site.

See KB article: Users are unexpectedly prompted to enter their credentials when they access a list in a Office SharePoint Server 2007 site that is based on the Publishing Site template  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927082) for more information.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Unable to up sharepoint to internet Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: