Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Unable to Install Sharepoint Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

Asked By: Katie    Date: May 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 4297

I have experience on installing sharepoint in a corporate network Windows server 2003 Enterprise edition and it works fine at office.

I am trying to set up a stand alone Test system not connected to any domain and has got windows server 2003 standrad edition on it.

Sharepoint just refuses to install properly.

The status says it is installed but the sharepoint app ppol does not get created.

In the services there is Shjarepoint Services present but it is not started.

The configdb also is not created on the Database.

Share: 

7 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: May 26

Your windows  server 2003 on which you are installing must be a member server  of domain.

You cannot install  spp 2003 on single server even it is a domain controller, so you need two PCs in lab first will be domain controller and second will be member server of this domain and use a domain user account as service account for spp installation.

Answer #2    Answered By: Chantal Rosa     Answered On: May 26

I have succeeded installing sps2003 on Win Server Enterprise edition  and having domain controller on the same machine.

Answer #3    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: May 26

You CAN get this working... (Ie. it is possible)

however, its not supported.

nor recommended...

Answer #4    Answered By: Alisha Holmes     Answered On: May 26

How dod i make my test server  a Domain Controller.

I have absolutely no idea of this.

so please help me by giving some detailed instructions.

Answer #5    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: May 26

I won’t give you detailed instructions, but the term to search for is “dcpromo.” That’s the command you’ll used. Search for that and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of information to guide you.

Answer #6    Answered By: Percy Beach     Answered On: May 26

It’s simple, first install  AD on your machine, install SQL server  if not exist on your environment and then install sps2003

That’s it.

But remember that this config ok for learning and lab environment but not recommended for production and development.

Answer #7    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: May 26

VMWARE of MS Virtual Server come in handy for scenarios like this...

You can actually simulate an entire SharePoint farm on a single box with a beefy proc and a nice portion of memory...

Just an idea...

again, its not recommended/nor supported to install  SharePoint on a domain controller... (although it can be done quite easily)

Tagged: