Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Unable to create site from "Collaboration Portal" site template?

Asked By: Erik    Date: Aug 21    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2183

This has been giving me headaches for about two weeks in one form or another. We are using Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007. I've got it working at home, on a WS 2003 build, and tonight I will be trying to build it up using WS 2008.

Previously, I was trying to turn on Publishing Infrastructure, however at the Site Collection level it told me to turn on "Office SharePoint Server Standard Web application features " at the Web Application level (which I did...it's ACTIVE). Anyway, so in a fit of rage, I wiped that site and site collection, as well as it's content database and associated web application, off of the face of the Earth.

On to new things:

New Web Application. New Site Collection using the "Collaboration Portal" site template (under Publishing). New...oh, wait.

Error
The Office SharePoint Server Standard Web application features feature must be activated at the web application level before this feature can be activated.
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.
ARRG!

So, following what the error told me, I went up to my web application and thought to turn on the OSS Standard Web Application features...

Central Admin > Application management > Manage Web Application Features > Clicked the "Change Web Application" drop down and selected my web application ("Sharepoint Test Web") > and it has four Features that are ACTIVE:

Office Server Enterprise Search
Uses the Office Server Search Service for search over broad enterprise content. In addition to list and site scopes, provides search over people profiles, business data, remote and custom content sources. Uses multiple tabs to display results in the Search Center.
Office Server Site Search
Uses the Office Server Search Service for site and list scoped searches.
Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Web application features
Features such as the business data catalog, forms services, and Excel Services, included in the Office SharePoint Server Enterprise License.
Office SharePoint Server Standard Web application features
Features such as user profiles and search, included in the Office SharePoint Server Standard License .

The underlined feature is the one that it wanted me to turn on, yet it IS on, but I cannot create a new site using the Collaboration Portal site template?

Please help. This is driving all of us here insane. I've tried both Bing and Google, Experts-Exchange and Server Vault, and have found no articles relating to this.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Tagged: