Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Unable to connect to the Report Server WMI provider

Asked By: Staci    Date: Jun 17    Category: MOSS    Views: 2727

Current configuration

SharePoint 2007 SP2 April update, Windows 2008 Server with latest updates and security packs

SSRS 2008, SQL 2008 with latest updates and SP, SharePoint installed and server added to SharePoint farm.

SQL Server SQL 2008 with latest updates and SP, Windows 2008, holds SharPoint config db and content dbs

When I try to grant DB access from the GUI, I receive the error message 'unable to connect to report server WMI provider'. I've tried running Central admin from the SharePoint and the SSRS server witht the same result.

Our base server config turns off the UAC as suggested in a previous post and the manual option did not work either.

I've seen lots of posts on this and some have found resolution in a number of different manners, not of which seem to work for me.

Has anything been done about this issue? Can anyone give me any insite into how to resolve this problem?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alycia Everett     Answered On: Jun 17

When you install latest updates and SP for SSRS 2008, did you also install updates for SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies (www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx)?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Unable to connect to the Report Server WMI provider Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: