Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Unable to connect to BDC

Asked By: Meredith    Date: Aug 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1030

I created a new page and added the Business Data List WP. I hooked it up to my ADF, EmployeeFeedbackRequests.
On my machine, the correct results were obtained, the data displays fine. On another machine with another user, the Business Data List starts to activate (I see the animation) and then it says "Unable to connect to EmployeeFeedbackRequests". Now I did some research on this message and someone said
"Please check the authentication mode in the BDC definition file generated by BDCMetaMan, the tag will be something like this Property Name=”AuthenticationMode” Type=”System.String” PassThrough

Replace the above tag to Property Name=”AuthenticationMode” Type=”System.String” RevertToSelf"

I tried this and it did not work. I still get the same message.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Johathan Mcgowan     Answered On: Aug 01

BDC errors will usually show up in the event log. check  it and see if you had an error connecting to your database or web service. More than likely you have a permissions issue and checking the event log might point you in the right direction.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Unable to connect to BDC Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: