Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

tutorial

Asked By: Adriane    Date: Aug 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 623

I am new to sharepoint development.So can u tell me sites and books to follow .One more thing is what is the difference between wss 3.0 and moss 2007.Secondly webpart creation using asp.net template and sharepoint template.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Nathaniel Davis     Answered On: Aug 28

This might get you started on sharepoint  training:
blogs.msdn.com/.../...or-sharepoint-2007-moss.aspx

Also if you are looking for WSS 3.0 development  you should check out Ted Pattison's book on WSS development (search on Amazon and you will get it).
For WCM checkout: Andrew Connel's book on Web content Management.

To answer your quesiton on using ASP.Net web-parts vs Sharepoint web-parts, you should start using the ASP.Net web-part as soon moss  web-part base classes and interface will be deprecated. More links here:
blogs.msdn.com/.../...arepoint-2007-web-parts.aspx

Answer #2    Answered By: Zoe Cotton     Answered On: Aug 28

thnks for the links .I am going through inside wss  3.0 by tedd pattison .The thing  is as a developer do we need to know abt the architecture of wss .

Answer #3    Answered By: Alexander Scott     Answered On: Aug 28

Knowing about the WSS and MOSS architecture is definitely a must if you ask me as this helps the developer in making some discussions with the Architects on how best things can be done instead of always writing some custom code.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on tutorial Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: