Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Trying to display a query of data based on a combination of BDC data and list items. Possible?

Asked By: Daniel    Date: Oct 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 740

I have a very basic BDC entity. It's a list of Work Orders from our finance system. SharePoint handles the documents (Infopath forms in document libraries) related to each work order. These forms are shipping forms, data sheets, etc. I need to find a way to display a query against this data and not sure the best way to display this info. For example, for one type of employee I need to show a list of work orders that do not have a corresponding datasheet, so this means there is work outstanding. Then for a shipping attendant, they need to see which have datasheet but no shipping document which means it's ready to be shipped. Then for accounting work orders that have a matching datasheet and shipping form are ready for billing.

Can someone suggest the best way to do this? Thanks!!

I'm using SharePoint 2007 Enterprise

I should also add that each document library/list has a column that contains the work order number for the purpose of linking.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gaurav Ghosh     Answered On: Oct 06

You could add a Business data  column to your document  library. Now your documents  are "tagged" with your financial data. You could also project any other fields from that Entity into your document library. Once the data is there, you can do queries against the list  or use the web part to do filtering and sorting.

You'll need to remove the Work Order number from the list and replace with Business Data column. Make sure the Entity has a Finder method instance and an IdEnumerator method.

Tagged: