Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Add to trusted sites automatically

Asked By: Chance    Date: Jul 05    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2239

When a user hits a sharepoint site for the first time I want to add the URL to the "Trusted Sites" zone
automatically (after confirmation of the user of course).

(To prevent the user from entering a username & password each time he opens a document.)

Is there some javascript that I can add to the default.aspx to do this?

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Santiago Hood     Answered On: Jul 05

I seriously doubt it… if so, any phishing site  or non-reputable site would implement this method to bypass any local network/browser security.

Answer #2    Answered By: Alonzo Richard     Answered On: Jul 05

when I am on a "locked down server" and use IE where everything is not trusted, I get a pop up box when I visit a server not recognised allowing me to add  the site  to trusted. So configuring IE to do this may work, but may not be practical if users are going to many sites......

Another route to invesitgate is to centrally admin IE using a config file that each browser is configured to point to , I beleive that trusted  servers can be included in that.....

Answer #3    Answered By: Toby Singleton     Answered On: Jul 05

My users are volunteers of a (large) sport-club. They open the portal from their home- or work
or other workstation on which I can not alter IE settings.
They are often not the most experienced users and I was hoping that I could do this for them.

I know that adding sites  to the trusted  sites zone must be possible. I remember that some
spy-ware &^@%#& added itself to my trusted site  zone once.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Add to trusted sites automatically Or get search suggestion and latest updates.