Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

I need to track who is accesing one of the sharepoint sites i have?

Asked By: Bahadur    Date: Sep 09    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 894

I have a sharepoint site with few documents created and word files uploaded on that..........this is our companies internal site......is there anyway to record log on who is accessing the site or does sharepoint server automatically record .

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mike Lamb     Answered On: Sep 09

Do you have user admistrative panel, log  in logs out applications, which will help in tracking who is who visting your internal  facing websites.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jose Scott     Answered On: Sep 09

I think you can use Usage reporting. Usage reporting is a service that enables site  administrators, site collection administrators, and Shared Services Provider (SSP) administrators to monitor statistics about the use of their sites. Usage reporting also includes usage reporting for search queries that can be viewed by SSP administrators for search and site collection administrators. For more information, please refer to: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262541.aspx
Or you can use SPD reports; SPD reports can measure site performance and usage. This article can help you: office.microsoft.com/.../HA101741361033.aspx

Tagged: