Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Total of the Sum NOT showing

Asked By: Holly    Date: Feb 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2754

In Share Point Custom List, I’ve added a calculated field to a table. After that, I then created subtotals in a view. I get no subtotals for the calculated values (Red Circled Area). Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

16 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alexis Ellis     Answered On: Feb 28

Can you subtotal a calculated  field?

Answer #2    Answered By: Percy Beach     Answered On: Feb 28

Nope. Same reason why you can't use one as a lookup.

Answer #3    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: Feb 28

I didn't think so. I wonder why Wayne thinks that you can.

Answer #4    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Feb 28

I am hoping it could somehow but now I learn it can not be done.

My user tells me that in normal excel you could and why Microsoft cannot make the custom  list work just like Excel. (I am not about to tell him he is dreaming)

Answer #5    Answered By: Alyssa Butler     Answered On: Feb 28

It always boils my blood when someone pulls a feature out of another product and doesn’t know why SharePoint can’t do it. I had a customer once say “well, I can just do this in 2 minutes using Access so why can’t SharePoint do it”. SharePoint isn’t Access, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PhotoShop or any of those things. Can you do complex number crunching across rows and columns in Word like you can in Excel? Why not since they’re both Microsoft products. Kindly educate your user about what SharePoint is and is not and you’ll find they stop asking for features from other programs.

Answer #6    Answered By: Katy Patton     Answered On: Feb 28

we’ve been fighting that battle in the OneNote product team for a long time. People want OneNote to do spreadsheets, have advanced formatting capabilities, do sophisticated graphic design, read RSS, publish entire websites….we’ve even had a running battle with a guy who wants OneNote to essentially be a file system that he can replace Windows Explorer with.

I guess it’s flattering that they’re so excited about the product but really…it’s not a Swiss Army Knife. It can’t be all things to all people.

Answer #7    Answered By: Ana Payne     Answered On: Feb 28

I’m still miffed SharePoint can’t do my CMS publishing workflow features, or balance my checkbook like Money does… I mean, all the products came from Redmond right? Sheez… who’s running that place anyway…

Answer #8    Answered By: Hema Hegde     Answered On: Feb 28

I’d rather not think about that one, actually. My dog loves cats…though he’s not sure he can eat a whole one.

Answer #9    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: Feb 28

That a challenge?????????????????????????????

Answer #10    Answered By: Megan Martin     Answered On: Feb 28

I do *not* want to see a screen cap of that.

Answer #11    Answered By: Donta Kirkland     Answered On: Feb 28

Depending on how you need to display this data, I’ve found 1 possible solution. You can use the Office Web Parts.. From the spreadsheet web part you can load the list  you have, and then add extra functionality to it, such as summing up your calculated  fields.

Answer #12    Answered By: Cade Velazquez     Answered On: Feb 28

Alternately, you can just click "Edit in datasheet". The total  that you want is displayed there.

Answer #13    Answered By: Ariana Christensen     Answered On: Feb 28

My user found out that he can link to Excel and do a pivot table  and get the total  from Excel download link. So he is happy at this time. It is a workaround but not too bad. I think this is the same as what you talked about. The Office Web Parts.

Answer #14    Answered By: Darrius Whitfield     Answered On: Feb 28

You can get your totals without external spreadsheets or additional web parts. When you are viewing the custom  list, just select "Edit in datasheet" from the list  toolbar. Your total  will show up there.

Hope this helps

Answer #15    Answered By: Adrienne Greene     Answered On: Feb 28

Without having to export to excel, you can show the user an excel view  within your pages using the following webparts:

Answer #16    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Feb 28

This is my first mail to this group.

Just want to know how can we assign Folder Level permissions to user.
for eg: I want a group of users to upload files on some specific folders, rest users can upload files on server but not on those special folders.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Total of the Sum NOT showing Or get search suggestion and latest updates.