Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Third-party SharePoint Backup and Recovery Tools

Asked By: Stacey    Date: Apr 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 8920

Has anyone used the SharePoint backup and recovery tools from commvault, avepoint, or any other 3rd-party provider?

My main backup/restore strategy right now is spsbackup, and its lack of granularity leaves me concerned about a tidal wave of individual document restore requests in the near future.

Any feedback on commvault or avepoint, or information about other offerings would be much appreciated.

Share: 

15 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: Apr 26

In my opinion, Avepoint gives the best bang for the buck compared to Commvault. I use Avepoint here & it always came through with shining colors, whether it be and individual  document or an entire site.

Answer #2    Answered By: Cassidy Sharpe     Answered On: Apr 26

If you have good SQL DB Backups, I would look at
Sharepoint document  Recovery for extracting any and
all versions of a document from the database.... see
the link below.

www.sharepoint-france.com/.../Default.aspx

Answer #3    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Apr 26

We have both. AvePoint is easier to use and works well. CommVault is more robust, but a lot more expensive and difficult to maintain. If you have a large storage group doing backups, you might want to look at CommVault. If you are a small shop, AvePoint is the way to go.

Answer #4    Answered By: Hans Weiss     Answered On: Apr 26

YES thats the ONE! this is a must have!!
www.sharepoint-france.com/.../Default.aspx!!!

Answer #5    Answered By: Sam Lea     Answered On: Mar 24

Their is several sharepoint recovery tools but you need to choose best one so i am suggesting you to go with this one
http://www.repairsharepoint.net

Answer #6    Answered By: William Smith     Answered On: Mar 06

Today, there are so many SharePoint recovery tools are available in online market. But this is too difficult for choosing the best one. So, I recommend you to try this SharePoint database recovery tool as it is well-famous application among many administrators. You can also know more about its functionality by installing its free demo copy before purchase. You can get it from here: www.sharepointrecoverytool.com/sharepoint-recovery

Answer #7    Answered By: Kevon Cooper     Answered On: Jun 19

I would like to suggest you to try Kernel for SharePoint Server Recovery tool to instantly recovery of SharePoit database without any problem. The tool is well supports by all versions of MS SharePoint Server and compatible with all versions of MS SQL Server. Get info, visit here: http://www.en.sharepointrecovery.net

Answer #8    Answered By: Loyd King     Answered On: Jan 05

SharePoint database recovery software that has the capability to repair affected MDF file database and smoothly perform the task of recovering documents from SharePoint.

Visit:- www.pcrecoverytools.com/...-database-recovery.html

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Third-party SharePoint Backup and Recovery Tools Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: