Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Task Management Template or Site

Asked By: Neil    Date: Mar 27    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1078

I'm looking for a SharePoint template or site that does task management. I know you can create task lists but that's too basic.

Here is a list of features I would like:
Parent Goal | Child Tasks to Achieve the Parent Goal | Ability to add comments on Child Tasks
Task Status (% Completed)
Start & Finish Date
Last Updated Field
Alerts via email on what was updated
Does anything like this exist?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Joey Soto     Answered On: Mar 27

You could create  a custom task  List to pretty much do all of what you want. A little more effort would be required to setup parent/child tasks, but you could accomplish that by create Lookup fields.

Have you seen the "Fantastic 40" Application Templates for WSS? You might find something useful or it could give you some ideas.

Windows sharepoint  Services 3.0 Application Templates Grouped by Business Area:

Answer #2    Answered By: Gerard Randall     Answered On: Mar 27

Not off the top of my head, but lookup fields are fairly self-explanatory. They allow you to choose a field in another list  in the same site  as a value from all existing values for that field in the lookup list. Great for building one-to-many relationships between two lists.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Task Management Template or Site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.