Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Synchronize a single profile

Asked By: Marlin    Date: Sep 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1088

Is it possible through the API to cause SharePoint to synchronize a single user profile? There are times when I want SharePoint data to synchronize with active directory … but only for one user. For instance, I may want to do this on the user’s first request to the page. Or I may want to do this after an administrator has changed properties of their account.

I looked at the API but I didn’t see where it was possible do this kind of a one-off synchronization. (The UserProfileConfigManager object and associated DomainController objects looked interesting but it looks like I’d have to completely reconfigure the import every time someone logged in. That seems like a bad idea.)

It’s a shame because it may prevent me from being able to use the SP user profiles.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Tyron Calderon     Answered On: Sep 28

yes its possible.. take a look at the ldap query to trim it to that one user.

Answer #2    Answered By: Irvin Foley     Answered On: Sep 28

Yes, I can set the LDAP query – but it looks like I have to completely  reset the configuration to do it. That won’t work if two users login at the same time  – I can’t simultaneously configure the site to sync two different users… The question remains, can I do a sync without impacting the overall configuration?

Answer #3    Answered By: Deonte Stein     Answered On: Sep 28

the query is very thin (LDAP) and doesnt consume much.. ours loops through about 2000 users in a matter of about 15 seconds. you could try the "Import from Active Directory by using the incremental method" and that will only sync whats changed  i think..

perhaps you could add another connection in the profile  import settings page?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Synchronize a single profile Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: