Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

This subweb is managed by...

Asked By: Stephanie    Date: Apr 05    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 705

I’ve been trying to carve a DVWP that would display to users a list of those people on the site who are in the Administrators ‘group’

That way, people would know who to contact for more information, changes etc. It’s about to become an issue for our Helpdesk.

Thought I’d be able to go the web services route but can’t quite get the right thing.

Before I get stuck into Visual Studio (which is currently not yet on my new laptop!) has anybody managed to create something similar and able to steer me in the right direction?

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: Apr 05

Wouldn’t it be easier to create an email alias that went to the folks who could help with a site? i.e. sphelpdesk@....

Is there something that would require a different group of people  for each site?

Answer #2    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Apr 05

We created a contacts list  on our top level portal web  that lists all of the administrators  of the team webs and created views of that list for each of the teams. Then on each team web home page we put a link to the appropriate view of the portal contacts list.

Answer #3    Answered By: Ciara Collier     Answered On: Apr 05

Another option is to create a central help desk site  and link to that site from all others so you can centralize your support and contact  information.

On the same note, something our organization has done that has worked quite well is to create a domain group (example: SharePoint Admins) and add that domain group as admin to all sites, then as people  come and go within our group, all we have to do is update the SharePoint Admins domain group instead of every SharePoint site.

Centralizing support and not attaching a person’s name works well as the environment grows and expands.

Answer #4    Answered By: Keenan Whitehead     Answered On: Apr 05

I think having a contacts list  and managing it manually may well turn out to be the most manageable option. Our ethos for Sharepoint is definitely distributed management of sites so the Helpdesk will always direct queries to the site  admin first.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on This subweb is managed by... Or get search suggestion and latest updates.