MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Sub-site under variation source site not propogating to target sites

Asked By: Sherri    Date: Oct 01    Category: MOSS    Views: 1808

I've set up part of my MOSS 2007 publishing site as a variation, which worked well when I did the following initial setup - created source site and subsites, then the target variation labels, then created hierarchies.

However I now need to add a couple more subsites to the source (and obviously target) variation and it is this I'm having issues with. Upon moving an existing site into the variation source site, it promptly (after a few minutes) propogated across to the target sites, which is what I wanted. Then I needed to create a new sub-site within the source and wanted it to propogate to the targets as well, but it refuses to (everything within the new sub-site is published). It's just staying as a normal site within the source variation - what gives?

I've tried finding information on adding new sites to the variation hierarchy but can't find anything saying how to force it to propogate to the target variations. As far as I can see, once you run Create Hierarchies you can't do it again, and propogation of content from source to target must run on the timer service.

Is there anything I can do to force propogation or any other settings that I need to check/prerequisites for propogation besides ensuring that everything's published in the source?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Maya Lewis     Answered On: Oct 01

Variations do not support changing the default page layout, so will not propogate to target  sites at all if the site  was created with a page layout other than the standard Microsoft one