Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How do I store credentials for my BDC app definition when I have a single SQL Server account fo

Asked By: Neil    Date: Jun 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 900

I have an application definition that I created using the SharePoint SDK's App Definition Designer. I want all SharePoint users to use a single SQL Server account that only has read access to use my app definition.

I've tested the methods in the App Definition Designer and they all work fine (the do prompt me for user credentials whenever I try to execute the method instances though - not sure if that indicates I'm not storing the credentials correctly).
The App definition's instance is set to RdbCredentials and my username and password are stored in the connectionstring property of the instance. I've uploaded the app definition to my SSP and it appears to functioning properly.
I have SSO turned on and have listed the Enterprise App Definition Section of SSO with the name 'MyApp' and Account Type 'Group'
I have added a BDC List Web Part and chosen my BDC App but I get a 'You do not have permission to MyApp_Instance' in the web part

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Delilah Mcpherson     Answered On: Jun 06

I got it, I just had to go to Single Sign on Settings and Manage Account information for EA Defs.

Tagged: