Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SSRS(SQL Server 2008) and MOSS 2007

Asked By: Jordan    Date: Jan 21    Category: MOSS    Views: 963

I am using SQL Server 2008 Reporting server in one machine. I have MOSS 2007 in different machine(remote). These two machines are in domain.
Please advise me whether I should use SSRS Native mode or SSRS SharePoint Integration mode.

At present I am using SSRS in native mode and created a report. In MOSS 2007 site, I took Report Explorer webpart and configured the report. I can view the report URL in the report explorer webpart. But when I click the report URL, it is not showing the report in seperate window rather it is showing internet explorer can not display the web page.

I am new to this. Please explain me clearly what I should I use and how.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Taylor Clark     Answered On: Jan 21

You are getting the error because you haven’t configured reporting services to be used in the SharePoint Integrated mode.

Deciding upon Native mode and Integration mode totally depends on what and how you want to present your report.

Please refer the below link for features you get using the Integration mode,

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326290.aspx

As you are already using MOSS 2007, I think you should be going with Integration mode.

Here are the link for the requirements needed for installing reporting services in Integrated mode msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb283190.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SSRS(SQL Server 2008) and MOSS 2007 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: