Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SSRS and WSS 3.0 integration issue

Asked By: Nicole    Date: Jan 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2786

I am having some issue while integrating SSRS with WSS 3.0. I have installed WSS 3.0 and found it to be working properly. After this I installed the 'Sharepoint reporting services add-in' to integrate sharepoint with the reporting services. I have the report server and the sharepoint service installed on the same machine. According to the steps described in the 'readme_rsaddin.htm' I configured the report server databases in 'Sharepoint' integration mode from 'RS Configuration Manager'. Below are the steps that I followed for configuring the SSRS from sharepoint

1. In Administrator Tools, click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
2. Click Application Management. You should see a new section named Reporting Services. This section has links to pages used to specify integration settings.
3. Grant Database access
4. Set Server Defaults

But when I clicked on the 'Set Server Defaults' I get the below error

An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. --> Server was unable to process request. ---> Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

This error has been documented at the msdn site technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159704.aspx

I followed the instructions but it did not work.

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong. I have read similar posts but none of them have a definite solution.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Aastha Patel     Answered On: Jan 30

What's the version of your SQL Server. If you haven't installed  SP2, it may not work  properly. I suggest you install SP2 first.

This error  occurs when the ReportServer Web service  page returned an error that was not a SOAP response  or a regular HTTP error code such as 401.
The resolution depends on what the underlying error returned by the reporting  Services machine  was. To determine the underlying error, try the following:
· Look in the resulting HTML in the error message (if remote errors are on or Reporting services  is local to the sharepoint  server)
· Check the Reporting Services log files as the error will be logged there.
· Try to browse directly to http://<Server>/ReportServer from the Reporting Services machine.
· Verify that the URL you have specified is a valid URL for a Reporting Services ReportServer instance. You can verify this by browsing to the URL you entered and making sure that the ReportServer Web service interface displays correctly.

For more information, please refer to:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee384252.aspx
bloggingabout.net/.../...vices-and-sharepoint.aspx
social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../3bce0d37-a42e-492f-bcf5-8caec0964d8e

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SSRS and WSS 3.0 integration issue Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: