Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SSRS Add-in will not install

Asked By: Lillian    Date: Jul 19    Category: MOSS    Views: 1447

I'm working on upgrading my MOSS2007 install to 64-bit on both the front end and SQL 2008 back end - running all of this in Hyper-V. I keep running into error 5214 and the install rolls back when I try to install the SSRS SharePoint add-in. From the app log on the SP server...

>>Insufficient SQL database permissions for user '' in database 'SharePoint_Config' on SQL Server instance 'BRYCELAND-DATA2'. Additional error information from >>SQL Server is included below.

>>The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putObject', database 'SharePoint_Config', schema 'dbo'.

>>Insufficient SQL database permissions for user 'SYSTEM' in database 'SharePoint_AdminContent_16fcc28e-defa-4f9d-9d8f-d7c307ffe838' on SQL Server instance
>>'SQL SERVER NAME'. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

>>The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_GetListFields', database 'SharePoint_AdminContent_16fcc28e-defa-4f9d-9d8f-d7c307ffe838', schema 'dbo'.

I have checked and double-checked permissions on both servers and I'm running pretty much everything as domain admin so I don't think this is a simple security issue.

Any ideas?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kamal Mayachari     Answered On: Jul 19

For your information, You can install  the Reporting Services Add-in in files-only mode if you encountered errors during a normal Setup. And then run custom actions to complete the installation.
See How to: Install or Uninstall the Reporting Services Add-in (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905871.aspx) for detailed steps.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SSRS Add-in will not install Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: