Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SSRS + MOSS 2007 + Integration Mode + Add-in. Cannot publish/upload/deploy reports

Asked By: Destiny    Date: Apr 28    Category: MOSS    Views: 1784

MOSS 2007 with SQL 2005 SP3 with Integration mode enabled and the add-in installed.

I guess after reading all of the documentation, I don't understand what I'm supposed to be able to do with all of that. I was under the impression that I could go into VS2005 and create a report, and deploy it to a SharePoint library with the content types enabled. I also thought I could go into that Library and manually create data sources, models, and reports. So far, none of that works properly.

If I create a Data Source and Report in VS2005, I cannot deploy it to my library, I get this error: The operation is not supported on a report server that is configured to run in SharePoint integrated mode.

If I try to create the same Data Source in SharePoint (using the xml type and vti_bin), i get this error:

Data extension does not support model generation. (rsModelGenerationNotSupported)
What exactly is SSRS with Integration mode enabled supposed to let me do? All I want, is to create charts and graphs based on items in my SharePoint lists that show up to date real time data. What can I do? I've read a ton of articles regarding this setup, and naturally, it doesn't work.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ivette Burris     Answered On: Apr 28

I found the solution to my problem. After several days of being stumped, it turns out it is something very simple, but easily overlooked.

My production environment was integrated and set up correctly, but I failed to realize that SP3 for SQL2005 makes changes to Visual Studio 2005, and my installation of VS was on a development machine. I didn't see anywhere that it updates BIDS.

I actually updated VS2005 to SP1 and that had no effect, it wasn't until Visual Studio was patched with the SQL SP3 that everything worked perfectly.

So...just a reminder, if you have VS on a separate machine from your SQL/SharePoint integration, you need to throw sql2005 with sp2/3 on your dev machine!!!