MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SSRS 2008,Native Mode install, MOSS 2007, Web parts question

Asked By: Chase    Date: Nov 10    Category: MOSS    Views: 1066

I am in a a situation where we are using ssrs 2008 in native mode. we have moss 2007. the web part we are using is a Page Viewer Web Part. This really gives no flexibility whatsoever. There is no Report Explorer web part or Report Viewer web part installed.

Currently, the page viewer allows the user to run the report and set up an email suscription to themselves. That is it. There is no option for changing the To line in the email subscription as there is in the report manager. there is no option to create a file share subscription.

I have been told not to bring in the report manager window into sharepoint because its not visually pleasing, which looks like the only solution.

What are my options to give the user the flexibility they are used to, while keeping it visually pretty, and not having a developer write a custom web part?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kala Solomon     Answered On: Nov 10

Page Viewer web  Part is used to display a Web page, file, or folder on a Web Part Page. You can also enter either a hyperlink, file path, or folder name.

The Report Viewer Web Part is installed by the Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Technologies when SSRS is configured in SharePoint Integrated Mode.

The only option left in your case is to use Report Manager so that you can manage your subscriptions. The other option for you is to install  SSRS in SharePoint Integrated mode  you might get all your requirements through Report Viewer web part