Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

ssrs 2008 reports in SharePoint Portal Server 2003

Asked By: Jasmin    Date: Jun 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1089

For a new project I need to integrate some ssrs 2008 reports in SharePoint Portal Server 2003. Because of the big difference in versions, I want to know if it is possible to do this.

The reason for using ssrs 2008 is the ease for unexperienced developers, and the available tools for styling a dashboard.

Has anyone some experience with this?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Juan Davis     Answered On: Jun 13

I don’t have experience on this deployment. From my opinion, basically you can integrate ssrs  2008 with sharepoint  Portal Server 2003. However you can only use SharePoint web parts such as SharePoint Report Explorer and Viewer web parts for users to view reports  from SharePoint. You can’t use SharePoint integrated mode deployment. The web parts are good enough for simple report-viewing needs however they don’t provide the deep security and database-level integration with SharePoint or the report-management experience via SharePoint which are enabled with SharePoint integrated mode.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ssrs 2008 reports in SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.