MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SQL 2008 Reporting Services Integration

Asked By: Heriberto    Date: Aug 29    Category: MOSS    Views: 649

I've have an existing SharePoint 2007 setup (1 x WFE, 1 x DB). I've just created a new DB server with SQL2008 installed on it and want to use Reporting Services with SharePoint Integration. During the SQL setup I opted for SharePoint integration however i'm not sure what the next step is. The DB server is purely DB no IIS install.

My question is what do I need to do/install in order to make my new db server part of my sharepoint deployment and begin using reporting services with SharePoint?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Arlene Hodge     Answered On: Aug 29

I would check out this posting here - mosshowto.blogspot.com/.../...point-multiple.html.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jolene Sandoval     Answered On: Aug 29

If you don't want to setup WFE on your database server and install IIS then you would setup SSRS on the SharePoint Server. In doing so this will require additional licensing ($$$). If you don't plan on paying additional $$$ for licensing for SSRS then you will need to setup the database server with IIS and WFE.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SQL 2008 Reporting Services Integration Or get search suggestion and latest updates.