Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Spell Checking Content in a Page

Asked By: Luz    Date: May 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2323

I hope this isn't a silly question, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. When we create a new page in SharePoint and add content to the page, how do we spell check the content? According to the Help, the spell check button is not included on the inline editing toolbar (the one that shows up when you click Edit Content on a page). How do we switch to the Rich Text Editor that includes the spell check button?

For example, I have a publishing site and I select Create Page and select an out-of-the-box Article Page for the page layout. When I click on Edit Content, I do not see any way to use the Rich Text Editor, just the inline toolbar mentioned above. If I create a new page and use a page layout with web parts, I can add a Content Editor Web Part to a web part zone. When I edit that page, I can use the Rich Text Editor in the Content Editor Web Part. Seems convoluted.

Can I spell check an article or welcome page without adding a Content Editor web part?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jan Chen     Answered On: May 06

You can use spelling option from the page  editing toobar in tool options when you edit  the page.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Spell Checking Content in a Page Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: