Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SPContext.Current.ListItem is null for a published page with rawUr

Asked By: Eliseo    Date: Apr 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 15904

I have migrated SPPS 2003 to MOSS2007 using the staging approach. I have however come across the issue that when I try to access the Page Settings page then the following exception is raised: Value does not fall within the expected range. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetMetadataForUrl(String relUrl, Int32 mondoProcHint, Guid& listId, Int32& itemId, Int32& typeOfObject, Object& fileOrFolder) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetFileOrFolderObject(String strUrl) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CommonUtilities.GetFileFromUrl(String url, SPWeb web) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingPage.get_Layout() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.PageSettingsPage.GetAvailableLayouts() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.PageSettingsPage.LoadLayoutValues() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.BasePageSettingsPage.LoadValues() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.PageSettingsPage.LoadValues() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.BasePageSettingsPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.PageSettingsPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) When tracing is switched on then I get the following additional information in the log file: 10/26/2007 11:24:24.93 w3wp.exe (0x129C) 0x14A8 CMS Publishing 89vk Unexpected Current List Item is null for a published page with rawUrl /Services/_layouts/PageSettings.aspx?Source=%2FServices%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easpx&CancelSource=%2FServices%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easpx&Page=1 10/26/2007 11:24:24.93 w3wp.exe (0x129C) 0x14A8 CMS Publishing 7ob7 Unexpected SPContext.Current.ListItem is null for a published page with rawUrl /Services/_layouts/PageSettings.aspx?Source=%2FServices%2Fdefault%2Easpx&CancelSource=%2FServices%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easpx&Page=1 This only happens when I change the contact details on the Page Settings page and then go back to amend it again. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jagdish Joshi     Answered On: Apr 30

I only wanna know if you solved the problem that you described in this post because i have the same problem when i try to access the "page settings" area. when I'm in page  edit mode.

Answer #2    Answered By: Shara Johnson     Answered On: Apr 30

No, I have not been able to find a solution.

Answer #3    Answered By: Victoria Bell     Answered On: Apr 30

Some issue arose with the search service just after this started to happen. I tried everything to fix the search service and then did an in place restore of the server. The restore also fixed the "is null" error. Sorry I do not have a more precise resolution, but I was really hitting my head against a wall as no other person came up with a solution. I therefore had to fix it the old fashioned way.

Answer #4    Answered By: Cassidy Sharpe     Answered On: Apr 30

I got the same error while reaching page  settins, I had to delete the page and recreate the page to correct the issue. http://www.thearjuna.com/, http://www.thearjuna.net/

Answer #5    Answered By: Linda Mason     Answered On: Apr 30

this worked for me:

* Site Actions
* Manage content and structure
* Navigate to the corrupted page  
* View Properties
* Edit Item
* Press OK without make any change

Tagged: